Insurance coverage for scalp cooling is not yet standard in the United States, however DigniCap patients have submitted insurance claims and received reimbursement for treatment costs at varying levels since DigniCap received FDA clearance in 2015. Success with reimbursement varies depending on plan, coverage, and location.
If you pay Dignitana directly, we are more than happy to provide you with a detailed invoice to submit to your insurance company.
We will need some information to make this an invoice the insurance company will accept.
1. Your full name and date of birth
2. The facility name where you received treatment
3. Insurance Company Name & Member ID
4. Your oncologist's name & NPI #.
5. Diagnosis code from your oncologist:
The ICD-10-CM diagnosis code on your claim form needs to match your diagnosis code in your medical record exactly. The primary diagnosis code will likely be in the range of:
0–C96.9 (Malignant neoplasm)
C50-C56 (Malignant neoplasm of breast or female organs)
6. Secondary diagnosis codes are:
Z51.11 (Encounter for antineoplastic chemotherapy)
L65.9 (Nonscarring hair loss unspecified)
7. For patients filing for reimbursement for DigniCap, suggested HCPCS codes that may be covered are:
E1399 (durable medical equipment)
A9273 (Ice cap, cold wrap, or pack)
8. Dates of scalp cooling treatment that you paid for, so we can get them all on the invoice.
Once we receive this information we will create an invoice for you and send over a copy for you to submit to your insurance company.