Many patients are now receiving insurance reimbursement, although at various levels depending on their insurance provider and coverage.
Our Patient Support Team is here to help as you navigate the reimbursement process with your insurance company. Please contact the Patient Support Center and a reimbursement specialist will get in touch with you.
*Call your insurance provider to check benefits and obtain a blank claim form. It may be beneficial to ask your provider if they require preauthorization for scalp cooling treatments.
Some of the information needed to make this an invoice the insurance company will accept is:
1. Your full name and date of birth
2. Your chemotherapy infusion center's name
3. Insurance Company Name & Member ID
4. Your oncologist's name & NPI #.
5. Diagnosis code from your oncologist:
The ICD-10-CM diagnosis code on your claim form needs to match the diagnosis in your medical record exactly. The primary diagnosis code will likely be in a range of:
0–C96.9 (Malignant neoplasm)
C50-C56 (Malignant neoplasm of breast or female organs)
6. Suggested secondary diagnosis codes are:
Z51.11 (Encounter for antineoplastic chemotherapy)
L65.9 (Nonscarring hair loss unspecified)
7. For patients filing for reimbursement for DigniCap (with their insurance company), suggested HCPCS codes that may be covered are:
E1399 (durable medical equipment)
A9273 (Ice cap, cold wrap, or pack)
8. Dates of scalp cooling treatment that you paid for, so we can get them all on the invoice.