Many patients are now receiving insurance reimbursement, although at various levels depending on their insurance provider and coverage.
If you pay Dignitana directly, you can create a detailed invoice to submit to your insurance company. It is important that the invoice is aligned with the dates of service for your treatment.
There is an Invoice Builder feature built into your myDigniCap account. You can use the builder to create an invoice, which you can then submit to your insurance provider. A tutorial for the Invoice Builder can be accessed here: DigniCap Invoice Builder
If you have any other questions, please email Patient Support.
Some of the information needed to make this an invoice the insurance company will accept is:
- Your full name and date of birth
- Your chemotherapy infusion center's name
- Dates of scalp cooling treatments (not dates of purchase of the treatment cards)
- Insurance Company Name & Member ID
- Your oncologist's name & NPI #
- Diagnosis code from your oncologist:
The ICD-10-CM code on your claim form needs to match the diagnosis code in your medical record.
The primary diagnosis code will likely be in the range of:
0–C96.9 (Malignant neoplasm)
C50-56 (Malignant neoplasm of breast or female organs)
7. Suggested secondary diagnosis codes are:
Z51.11 (Encounter for antineoplastic chemotherapy)
L65.9 (Nonscarring hair loss unspecified)
8. Suggested HCPCS codes that may be covered are:
E1399 (durable medical equipment)
A9273 (Ice cap, cold wrap or pack)